Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Retreat Yourself

It is officially summer solstice, although it feels like summer has been in full effect since our sunny weather starting mid May. It has me thinking of all the fun things I have already done since. Wedding season and long weekend get-aways are constant this summer, so I decided to start off a few days before summer charging my batteries on a weekend yoga retreat led by, Carrie Schneider, Author of "American Yoga". This retreat was held at Menla, The Center for Health and Happiness, in Phoenicia, NY.

Carrie has the ability to look around a room while teaching yoga filled with at least 30 students and instantly tell what someone is capable of doing with their bodies, even if the student isn’t sure of it themselves. She takes her students to the next level and removes doubt and fear from the mind which gets in the way of progression. I had things pulled out of me I had no idea I was holding in.

The grounds were filled with nature as we were in the middle of the Catskills. There were deer, baby deer, colored butterflies, chimpunks, ground hogs, wild turkey, bears and snakes that were witnessed.

Food for the weekend was grown at Menla’s onsite garden and was all fresh vegetarian food. Talk about garden to table! It was phenomenal and so easy to get used to!

The Mahasukha spa, meaning “Great Bliss” was the highlight of the retreat. I indulged in one of the best massages I have ever had, detoxed in their sauna, steam room and infrared sauna, feeling lighter than ever. The spa was peaceful and painted with beautiful Tibetan art. Each spa worker bought a different energy to the table and they all focused on different specialty spa treatments. They do not make massages like this in NYC! Everyone there was so happy and calm.

I came to the retreat stressed, fast paced, with some unknown self doubt and I came out relaxed with clarity, more positivity, gratefulness and remembering why we need to take a break and check in with ourselves once in a while.

See http://carrieyoga.com for more retreats
 The Mahasukha Spa 
 Dinner is Being Grown
 Good Luck Sign 
The Sanctuary for Meditating
The Inside of the Sanctuary...What a View!
 The Zen Buddha 
Bambi


https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/walk-in-love-15691261 

No comments:

Post a Comment